Tuesday, September 8, 2020

DJ Interviews: The La La Lettes

Hey there guys, DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of interviewing a band who call themselves the La La Lettes who had alot so say on their musical beginnings.


How'd you get started in music?
 Well, originally I wanted to draw Comic strips, that was my creative output as a youngster. Then around about late 1985, 2 guys I knew in school commented on writing songs, which caught my attention, at the same i was just getting into The Beatles. So, I started writing. I enjoyed doing that for about 5 years, until 1990 with the British music scene going all indie, getting a guitar was a must.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
I would say, Beatles, Beach Boys are the main influences. Nirvana were huge for me too. I just love anything that is great on the ears, distortion, harmonies etc. You rarely hear harmony these days.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
Keep it basic at first, ride it into the ground and let things develop naturally.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I think because of how we write stuff, we keep our options open by writing in a variety of styles. We like to keep it fresh. We like to do comedy stuff, staying fresh, keep the listener surprised. Just wait for our Christmas single. It's hilarious.

Any new gigs or albums in the future
Oh we hope so. The lockdown has been awful for us. Damian our bass player is a Doctor of respiratory in a local hospital, and Mark the drummer has a young family, so they've not been available. But we're a tight unit, and we're looking to get going as soon as all this is over.
As for albums, luckily I can do it all myself, so the 3rd album is ready and will be out in February, I'm very extremely pleased with it. You wait, it's brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment