Tuesday, September 15, 2020

DJ Interviews: Rachel James

 Hello one & all DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of interviewing an aspiring singer named Rachel James who had so much to share on her music.


How’d you get your start in music?

   

           Music has always been a part of my life so there is no definitive point in time that I can recall when I started to love and get into music. I have always been surrounded by music in my house since way before I can remember until today and will continue to be like that for I have no idea how long into the future. I grew up on music my parents listened to when they were growing up so I always had a unique standpoint than the other kids in my classes who were consumed in the disney channel pop and music from the early 2000’s which Inever got into until a couple years ago. 


Who are your inspirations or influences?


    No-one and everyone. I have never been stuck on just one artist or person, but always have been open to all types of art and music and perspectives. My ideal role model would be someone that I can connect with in every way and no one can relate to everything that is me other than me, so I take inspiration from many people who share common personality traits, goals, morals, feelings, and more with me. 


What advice would you offer aspiring performers?


    I would tell aspiring performers to never give up. Being a performer is going to be difficult and there are going to be things that you may not totally agree with, but in the end it is going to be worth it. You need to speak your truth and speak up for what you can relate to and what you believe because you never know if someone else feels the same and doesn't want to speak up. Also, I beg, please do not let your fears control you like they have with me. Take the opportunity, say yes, take what you can get because those small gigs are going to be the groundwork for your success.


How do you set yourself apart from other bands or singers? 


I feel like I am a lot younger than a lot of other singers since I am only 17 years old and my first song Light Up The Night was written and recorded when I was 15 years old. I also attend a performing arts school and I auditioned and was accepted as member of their Acapella group and have learned a lot of vocal techniques because of that. I also write songs and I am very passionate about my music and about music in general. 


Any new gigs or albums in the future?

   

    There are definitely going to be new gigs and albums in the future but we are not quite there yet. I am still writing and perfecting some songs that I have written in my free time, but between school and work it is taking longer than I expected. 


Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them lots of luck in her success. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment