Sunday, September 20, 2020

DJ Interviews: Bruno Christenson

Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & here's my interview with Bruno Christiansen AKA Bruno Skibbild as his musical career.



How'd you get started in music?

Well I started playing my guitar when I was in the 7th grade. I got it from my brother-in-law who played in a Rock'n Roll Band with my sister back in the 80*s here in Denmark.
At 16 I got in a band myself - and we made a lot of stuff ourselves - in danish. 
After spending a lot of years in school as student, teacher and professor - 3 years ago I desided to pick up on my dream of playing, recording and publishing my songs. 
I changed my old songs and rewrote them into english - and the first one out there is the single "A world Tomorrow". 

Who are your inspirations or influences?
Back then in the 80's I listened to a lot of music, but two artists and songwriters stands out. Bruce Springsteen and Paul Stanley from Kizz. 
Especially the Work of Springsteen has followed me through all the years - his hard work and storytelling about everyday life. I read his book "Born to Run" and that was inspiring to read about how much hard work it takes to get heard. 
I've done a few gigs singing onle Springsteen songs but now I prefer to sing my own stuff. 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
Just do it! Do what you can - and don't be afraid to sent your stuff out in the air. It took many years before I made my decission and took my chance.
I guess you just don't have to sit around waiting for something to come up - when the time is right you move and see where it's going.
Just like Kenny Rogers would sing in "The Gambler". "You never count your money while you are sitting at the table. There will be time enough for counting when the deal is done". 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I have no idea - really. There is so much great music out there - there is a whole lot of people doing Indie music - and they are often just as good as the Hot Shot Artists. 
I guess we all dream about that big fat contract - but I think that you will do wrong if you try to look like og play like somebody else - make your own - and if you like to sing and play your own song i guess it's the best place to be - and then just be happy whenever someone else likes it too. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future
At this point it is almost impossible to get any gigs on behalf of the Covid-19 restrictions in the World - it's also like that i Denmark. Clubs and Festivals are closed down - so I will go back in the studio later this month to do one more single - and I am looking for sponsors and Labels for a full album. 
I have the songs for it - so reaching out for it is what I will do. 

Special thanks to him for doing this interview & lots of luck. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment