Friday, October 14, 2022

DJ Interviews: Matt Bachman

 Heres muy interview with singer Matt Bacj=hman



How'd you get started in music? 

I actually started on drums at the age of thirteen. I lost interest and moved on to guitar. I ended up with the original guitar my mother and two brothers used to learn guitar on and that was the guitar I kept for many, many years and wrote many rough, terrible songs on. Over the years I've worked with many different artists, songwriters and bands. I have always been a song writer and I have continued songwriting and playing guitar as my artistic passion and profession. As of late and with the advancement of recording technology I have taken my songwriting, performing and producing to new heights. In all my many projects over the years I have always written or co-written most of the musical and/or lyrical material. Learning to produce was the next transition from songwriter to multi-instrumentalist and artist. I started the solo band Kicked Out Of The Sky in Nov. of 2020 to release my latest musical adventures. I play every instrument, sing and I produced all the latest tracks, I am excited about my progression as an artist, musician, songwriter and producer. As the story reads you can see this has been and continues to be a lifelong passion and a work in progress. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

I find inspiration in books, paintings, life experiences and amazing songwriters mostly from the pop, rock, alternative genre.  

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Oh my! I wouldn't consider myself in a position to be giving advice, though, what works for me is staying true to myself and writing from my own experiences and releasing songs that don't piss me off, meaning, if I can listen to one of my self produced songs over and over again and not hate it or feel like any parts stick out or sound lame, then I can release it and let the music be what it needs to be for the listener. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I feel like the answer to the previous question kinda speaks to this question. I write for me and only me and my experiences and create the music I want to release. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I am currently working on new songs to be released soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment