Wednesday, October 5, 2022

DJ Interviews: Half Decent

 Here's my interview with  rapper Half Decent


How'd you get started in music?
When I was young I loved movies and wanted to tell my own stories. Eventually I not only started writing scripts but also music. When I started listening to artists like 2Pac, Eminem and Dizzee Rascal I realized I could tell my story through rap. From there I fell in love with hip-hop, producting and sharing emotions through the form of rap. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?
Other than the 3 I just mentiond Prince, Tech N9ne, Kano, Joyner Lucas, Jedi Mind Tricks, Busta Rhymes, Diplo. 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Don't wait for anything just get started. You will learn more and progress quicker if you just do things, stay consistent and learn as you go. 
Find your own voice and do what you enjoy, don't worry about what everyone else is doing. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I'm the only Half Decent, I talk about things I've lived, I see or hear. Everything is from my own perspective based on the life we all live. It can be entertaining, motivational, relatable, thought provoking and emotional. But it's all Half Decent. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
I will have a new double single out early October as well as an album out before the end of the year. 

My next UK shows are: 
Oct 15th - Lay It Down @ The Lab, Northampton
Nov 12th - X-Fest @ Fliton A Greenfield Village Hall, Flitton, Bedford 
Nov 19th - Lay It Down @ The Lab, Northampton
Nov 20th - Rappers Delight @ Ram Jam Records, Kingston On Themes, London

No comments:

Post a Comment