Sunday, December 5, 2021

DJ Interviews: Jenheizer

 Here's my interview with rapper Jenheizer



How'd you get started in music?
   I started getting into music when I was around 7 years old in church choirs as well as just teaching myself melody lines on the keyboard. I then started taking up piano lessons around 8 years old and have continuously kept up with learning music until today. It's never ending in regards to learning different types of genres or instruments. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?
   There are so many greats to choose from but primarily to name a few it would be Franz Lizst, Beethoven, Ella FItzgerald , Louis Armstrong and Weezer. 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
  Don't ever give up on your passion and keep learning and perfecting your craft. Do it for yourself and no one else. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
   I think the only difference that I would say is that it is pretty rare being a Jazz Asian singer/songwriter that composes Jazz music with Alternative lyrics lol. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

  We have an independent jazz album that should be coming out  sometime next year along with many collaboration singles with other rappers. 

Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish them lots of lick in their music so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment