Thursday, December 30, 2021

DJ Interviews: CorAnima Band

Hey there all here's my interview with the 

CorAnima Band

 


How'd you get started in music?
Pretty much everyone in my family was a musician. My father would tell me stories about him as a bass player in the 60s and mother would tell me about her time as a concert pianist, she was really good. When  I was about 15 my best friend was a singer and guitar player. He wanted to start a band so I began learning so that I could help out. Fell in love with playing and writing.  

Who are your inspirations or influences?

My wife and son are my top inspirations, 2nd inspiration is my daily battle with addiction and my commitment to never give up. My influences range, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, sevendust, Chevelle, Korn, Machine Head, to todays artists such as Bring me the Horizon.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
stick to what you love. Do it for you first and never give up. Work at it everyday and push it forward everyday. There is something unique and special about every songwriter, let that come out. Don’t chase trends, set your own. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
By realizing it’s not a competition.  We are all unique and have something different to offer 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
currently we have 8 songs tracked that we are going to be breaking up into two 4 song eps.  1st will be early 2022 and the second around April, about that same time we will be getting back to playing live. 

Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish them luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment