Wednesday, December 15, 2021

DJ Interviews: Chuck Oney

 Here's my interview with Chuck Oney


How'd you get started in music? I got started in music in School band in 5th grade as a drummer. I got started in rock bands at 15 by joining a band that needed a drummer after I moved to a new state and new neighborhood and a neighbor saw me loading in drums. Then I switched to singing because I found I was better at that and most bands needed a singer or someone who was willing to sing.



Who are your inspirations or influences? Definitely The Beatles and KISS. Later on Glam bands like the New York Dolls, Angel and Poison & Power Pop bands like Raspberries, The Knack and Cheap Trick. Also Jellyfish, Nirvana, Marvelous 3 and Foo Fighters.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Practice as much as you can and then join a group or band. I was lucky, my first real band that I joined as a singer had guys who were incredibly talented at 15 & 16 years old. I was the oldest at 18 and those guys could really play!

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? I copied other people’s style at first and then I started slowly developing my own. Now I just try and be myself recording and onstage. It took me many years to get to that point. But If you keep at it, it will come.

Any new gigs or albums in the future? Right now I have a Christmas show on Dec 23rd, my last for the year. My new record “Authorize Information” came out in late May this year on Vinyl, Disc and Cassette and just came out on the streaming channels and digitally Dec 6th. Right now I am currently writing new songs, but no new plans to record as of yet. Thanks so much for asking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment