Tuesday, December 22, 2020

DJ Interviews: The Voda Trio

 Hey there guys its your old pal The DJ I just sat down wth a band who call themselves

 
How'd you get started in music? 

When I was 9 my father took me to his friend who was a saxophone player, I tried it and kinda liked it, there was an option to start my education in the music school, I passed entry exams and I started to study sax, one year later I played very demanding concert. It was pretty intense until I was 17 and I watched Free's video from Isle of Wight, Paul Kossoff blew me away and I decided that, from now on, I will learn to play the guitar and it HAS to be GIBSON Les Paul. :D. 

Who are your inspirations or influences? 
 
What I appreciate among musicians is their originality in playing or composing. There is not much difference in musical style, if you know what I mean! If someone can bring out emotions this is absolutely the heart of the music.
When I was growing up I used to listen to rock and rock orientated music most of the time. When it comes to guitarists it is impossible not to mention Jan Akkerman, Tony Bourge, Leslie West or Jeff Beck. I also listened to excellent Polish musicians - Dariusz Kozakiewicz and Maciej Gładysz. When I think about other musicians, it's Vincent Crane, Al Jarreau, Basia, Chick Corea, David Byron, and I can name a lot more.
I think I am most inspired by interpersonal relationships, the values we represent and how we relate to each other. I like to observe changes over the time and place.

 What advice would offer aspiring performers?

I strongly believe that being real in what you do is absolutely essential. If making music and being on stage is our passion we are able to achieve many of our dreams or goals - call it as you wish. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?  

I think it's a tricky one :D. Voda plays very diverse music, sometimes you hear heavy riffs and other time you got improvisations on the piano. When you add strange time signatures, unpredictable solutions to it, and all that within just 3 people, It's very likely us! 

Any new gigs or albums in the future 
 
Considering pandemic, we are one of the most active teams, we've played about 20 club concerts this year so far, few summer open air festivals (we are really lucky as nothing compares to the tangible audience we've had. Of course we've played some online concerts too. In fact yesterday (4th of November) we had the premiere of a double album called PARALLAXIS recorded during Voda online concert in June this year! This is a CD+DVD which is not so popular in the world anymore, so we advertise it as 

"The last DVD in the world" :D

No comments:

Post a Comment