Thursday, December 31, 2020

DJ Interviews: Second Hand Mojo

Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & I recently sat down with Second Hand Mojo who had a lot to say on their music have a look & enjoy 



How'd you get started in music?
I come from a fairly musical background, while not musicians my family was really into it to the music of the day. Music was a big part of our household my parents really turned me on to a huge variety of music. I started playing guitar at around five. Start playing bands at 12 or 13. I’ll start playing professionally at 16. I was also in band in school. I ended up playing bars and doing some recordings with all the local bands and had some minor success very early. This really what the fuse my desire to be a musician and also influenced my need to play in front of people and to write and share music.
Who are your inspirations or influences?
I’m a huge fan of the late 60s and early 70s rock ‘n’ roll Beatles, the Stones, Pink Floyd, the Doors , The Who, the Kinks, Frank Zappa, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, really anything from that era. I also became a huge fan of 50s R&B and the blues.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
Practice, learn your craft, mostly get as much love out there as you can. If you have a voice and a message, someone will wanna listen. Be true to who you are don’t try to be anyone else. Do t be afraid to fail. It really is the best learning tool. I really feel like it strengthens a person. It also helps to polish the art when you learn from these missteps. And lastly play live as much as you can.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
With a Second Hand Mojo one of the things that set us apart from current bands Is our authentic classic rock ‘n’ roll sound and our our vocals all five guys sing, And all five guys our professional musicians with a ton of experience. We are playing in the genre you don’t get to hear very often anymore. We write accessible songs and have a very energetic and polished live show.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
With the Covid most of our gigs were canceled this year. We released an EP In January and did well on the college charts and a single in July that did well on College Radio as well. We are starting to get some play on commercial or what they call AAA radio stations across the country now and hope that this will lead to a prosperous and eventful 2021. But as of right now a lot is very up in the air with regard to live performances. We are writing for a new recording and hopefully will go to the studio sometime to beginning of 2021. We are also hoping to play at SXSW in 2021 as well but waiting really to see if it’s going to be in live a virtual or what that looks like. Until then it is writing, new material and looking for opportunities for next year and beyond. 2Hand Mojo

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside. Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment