Saturday, December 26, 2020

DJ Interviews: ATRAPA

Hey guys DJ Dizzy here & I had the honor of interviewing metal band ATRAPA as they shared their humble beginnings.


How'd you get started in music?

My adventure with music started around the age of 12. Then I started listening to the charts of program 3 of the Polish radio. Later (1983-1985) my friends from school brought the first recordings of punk rock bands such as GBH, Black Flag. At that time, there were several programs on Polish radio broadcasting alternative and punk rock music. The music was recorded on cassettes. Along with punk broadcasts, programs about metal music appeared. It was the first time I heard the band Slayer. Since then, I'm metalhead, now I'm 50.

When it comes to playing the guitar one of my heartfelt friends had a guitar and showed me a few chords and melodies, the rest went by themselves. I bought my first battery-operated electric guitar. I sold it and bought another one. I currently have two guitars in order of having a fourth and fifth. With friends from school we started with band called Rigor Mortis, we made only one reahersal meeteing but we composed about 10 short punk songs. Now I don't know what exactly happened, but we cut it.


Who are your biggest influences or inspirations

My musical inspirations are rather specific genres such as metal, hardcore, thrash metal. Of course I have favorite bands like Slayer, S.O.D. / M.O.D., Testament, Grip Inc., Soulfy, Terror, First Blood and many more. I have always wanted to combine punk rock, metal and hardcore in my music. Crossover would be the closest term. In a few reviews of my band's album we were described as core ;-)


What advice do you have for any aspiring musicians or performers?

Advice for those who are starting to play music? Do what you love to do, play a concert for even a few people in the room, compose new songs, play rehearsals and concerts as often as possible.

I don't stand out from other bands or singers. I make the music that I feel the most.


Any New gigs or albums in the future?

Now we have a second lockdown in Poland. If it is possible to play a concert, we will definitely play. As for the new album: I have an idea to record an English version of the vocals of our only album "Atrapa Czlowieka" (Human Dummy). Apart from that, the band has about 8-10 unregistered compositions, my dream is to record them. In addition to the above, we are waiting for the video from the live performance of July 10, 2020 for the song "Protest Song". As soon as it is ready, I will certainly inform you. Greetings from Poznań, Poland. Maciej ATRAPA

No comments:

Post a Comment