Wednesday, October 6, 2021

DJ Interviews: William Gekwick

 Hey guys heres my interview with  sunger William Gelwick


How'd you get started in music?

I got my first guitar when I was about 12, but never took it seriously for many years. I was always a fan, and finally got serious about learning the instrument many years later. Eventually a buddy and I put togehter a band. It didn't last, but gave me the confidence to go join ky current band. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?
There have been so many. Hendrix, Metallica, ZZTop, Pink Floyd, Steve Vai, and even some early ones like Chett Atkins. More recently, killswitch engage is a big one. 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
Always be promoting, but more importantly, engaging. You know you need to practice, but you need to spend just as much time promoting yourself. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
We are a 5 piece with many different influences. These combine elements of many different bands and subgenres to make a truly unique sound. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
We have several shows coming up this summer. Our next one will be in Mineral Wells at the Covert Concerts. It's a free outdoor show that is always a lot of fun for the musicians and the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment