Thursday, October 14, 2021

DJ Interviews: RIVVER

Here's my interview with a band called Rivver, Enjoy! 


How'd you get started in music?


As a band we formed in the October of 2019. I'd played a couple of solo gigs as an acoustic artist and was thrown into the band with Danny (lead guitar) and Tim (drums) by a mutual friend. Danny and Tim had been in bands together from their days in secondary school and all 3 of us clicked from day one, we then struggled to find a bass player for a long time and then I asked James (bass) to get involved after knowing him for a couple of years and we officially came together as a band. We then spent the next couple of months writing and refining some of our original ideas to play our debut gig in the December of the same year. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

As a lyricist id say I'm influenced by the likes of Matt Murphy from the Wombats as I like to poke fun at myself and my surroundings within my lyrics but also love the music of the Smiths who pair their joyful guitar licks with often dreary subject matter. From a music perspective our tastes are all different so we draw from the different aspects of what we love to listen to such as funk, indie and rock.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Just get up, give it a go and most importantly enjoy it. I was initially reluctant to be the singer in the band. I now love the performance and the thrill of being on stage.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

Due to our eclectic range of influences I think we set ourselves apart by not doing anything that's quite normal for a band in our position, we love to test ourselves and change our genre almost whilst maintaining the same style from track to track.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

We are ready to play our first Warrington (22/10) and Manchester (28/10) headline shows before the end of October. We also have another gig we aren't allowed to announce just yet but will be announcing soon. Were back in the recording studio at the end of October to hopefully put the finishing touches on our debut EP to be released soon. 




Special thanks to then for doing this interview, I wish them lots of luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment