Saturday, July 3, 2021

DJ Interviews: LangV Music

Hey there guys here's my interview with Lang/V Music 



How'd you get started in music?


  • I was fortunate enough to be born into a family of musicians. My father has been playing live music since the 70s in Canada. Right from the start he had me listening to all sorts of different musics styles. By high school, I was pursuing music on my own as a jazz saxophonist and guitarist.


Who are your inspirations or influences?


  • Early on, my influences included the likes of the Rolling Stones, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Rush, AC/DC and by all means - Led Zeppelin. As I can see now, those were my dad’s gifts to me. These days, those base influences still drive me - however I seem to have stumbled into the world of Tom Waits - and right now, that’s the influence guiding the ship. 


What advice would offer aspiring performers?


  • Every artists tends to begin trying to sound like someone else. That’s only half of the journey - the harder part is letting yourself come through authentically. Audiences and listeners around the world have heard just about everything. Everything that is - except for the things that you’ve been holding back.


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


  • Right now, my focus is on finding new ways to express thought and emotion through song. Honestly, I try not to have a home sonically. This year alone, we’ve worked on tracks that were electronic dance remixes, and we’ve also plugged in a bunch of guitars and jammed out 12-bar blues tunes. Maybe the thing that sets me apart is that I’m confident in being a Jack of all trades and a master of none.


Any new gigs or albums in the future?


  • We released our debut album “The Heart of Sunday Afternoon” 2 months ago on all major streaming platforms.
  • With the return to social events beginning here now, we hope to begin gigging again around Toronto and Hamilton, Canada soon!
  • We will be releasing new music every month on SoundCloud and Audius!!!


https://linktr.ee/langvmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment