Thursday, July 22, 2021

DJ Interviews: Kyle Meldrum

 


Kyle Meldrum

Sun, Jun 27, 4:19 PM (4 days ago)
to me
How'd you get started in music?

In the late 90s I started writing a lot of poems/lyrics just for fun, only for me myself and I.
In 2002 My bandmate Nunnyboy produced one of my favourite albums ever with Ray McCartney Aka El  Jugador called “Operation immigration” that Album gave me the inspiration to take my scribbles to Nunnyboy to see if we could do anything with them.
 In 2003 we quickly started to bring my words to reality, with Nunny’s amazing ability to conjure beats/music and guide me on this musical journey. 
Before we knew it we had an album Ideal Elements “Voldese Falcon” I never really promoted the Album the way it deserved to be, 
I take full blame for that, at that time I think I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it, 
And Yes we did it!
I’m still very proud of it and turned out to be the precursor for Voldo.
Which started up again in late 2019, except this time we’re really going for it, we want the world to hear what we’ve got to say!



Who are your inspirations or influences?

I have a very eclectic taste in music ranging from Donovan, Nick Drake to Beck, Tricky spanning all genres. I like interesting & unusual sounds. Oh and of course Ray McCartney Aka El   jugador (Ramiscomakimaki)

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

A very simple message, just do it, create something that’s never existed before, then set it free, have no fear to let the people hear. Then do it again and again and again!

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

Personally I don’t go out with any intentions to set ourselves apart, only to create something that interests me and in doing that Voldo comes alive, each song is completely different to the last one, I don’t like pigeon holes of genres, I know we like to defy conventions and that excites me and hopefully the listener.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

Voldo have a new album “Nostalgia Regalia” out on 2nd of July on all major platforms but especially on


As for gigs no definite dates yet but we’re planning the get the ball rolling as soon as possible, probably some nice intimate venues to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment