Monday, February 1, 2021

DJ Interviews: Psy Surf

 Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & this is my interview with Psy Surf enjoy!

How'd you get started in music?


I started in 2010 doing remixes of brazilian songs from the 60’s and 70’s. I did not intend to make money. it was just for fun. But I started having problems with copyrights on Soundcloud. So, since 2018 i’m making my own music. 



Who are your inspirations or influences?


Great brazilian musicians like Jorge Ben, Gilberto Gil and DJ Patife. Besides that, i love a brazilian rhythm called Guitarrada (an instrumental kind of lambada, played with guitars). And i also love the pop bands from the 60’s, like Beatles and Beach Boys. 



What advice would offer aspiring performers?


As Bukowski said, find what you love and let it kill you. 



How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


I don’t belong to any music genre. You may not like my song, but you can’t deny it’s unique. 



Any new gigs or albums in the future?


I’m working on a new song, unlike anything i've ever done. Will be released soon! 


Special thanks to them for doing this interview, & until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment