Wednesday, February 10, 2021

DJ Interviews: Pandora's Bread

Hey there everyone DJ Dizzy here & this is my interview with a band who call themselves Pandora's Bread. Enjoy!


 How'd you get started in music?

I've been playing guitar since I was in middle school. My dad and brother played it, and it made sense for me to try to pick it up as well. I took a break during college where I focused on electronic composition though. I picked guitar back up and needed something to keep me playing, so I've been making video game soundtrack covers since then.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
My influences are all over the place. I didn't listen to a lot of bands my parents listened to growing up, but I did listen to a lot of music that my older brother enjoyed. Bands and artists that got me interested in guitar would be Blind Guardian, Vintersorg, various campfire bards when camping with my family, and John Petrucci. Nobuo Uematsu and his compositions for Final Fantasy 7 are what really kicked off my interest in music. 

As of right now, I just like music that's entertaining to listen to and makes me go "woah". I am currently influenced by the rowdy melodic death metal of Æther Realm, the juicy energy and expert musicianship of Polyphia, the dense electronic and metal compositions of Mick Gordon, and other VGM artists such as Darren Korb, and (still!) Nobuo Uematsu.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
First, just put out music. It's going to sound bad at first. But you'll improve. I understand that the first step, making music, is difficult. As of right now I don't have that many listeners. But it's rewarding on its own to throw something personal out into the ether.

Second, find a community that encourages you to keep creatively engaged. It helps motivate me when I have supportive friends.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
So far, many of my video game music covers start slow, but explode later in the song. I strive to have my compositions and arrangements tell a story through the duration of the song with emotional peaks and valleys. I'm not sure if it always gets across that way, though!

Any new gigs or albums in the future
No gigs and no album plans, but I do plan on going harder next year In general. This year was very musically involved for me and next year I want to lean into it more. I want to release more covers as singles, more interesting arrangements, and higher quality music videos. 

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n rol!

No comments:

Post a Comment