Tuesday, August 9, 2022

DJ Interviews: Alex Pezeshkian

Here's my interview with singer, Alex Pezeshkian

 


How'd you get started in music?


As a self taught guitarist from the age of 11 years old I've always gravitated towards Rock and Blues Music, at 15 years old I started a band with some friends at school and eventually played a charity event which gave me the confidence to pursue performing live music. I ended up enrolling for a Bachelors Degree in Popular Music Performance but in hindsight I should have gone for Music Production as I found I'm more comfortable behind the scenes compared to being a frontman of a band. I left uni after my first year, I had some money saved so I started looking for bands that needed a guitarist or bass player. I wanted practical real life experience in a band. I played in two bands over that time and learned a lot. Since 2019 I have been releasing music on Spotify and Apple Music (plus all other platforms) under the micro label name 'Purple Frog Records'. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

My main inspirations are David Bowie and Jimi Hendrix, but I also love musicians like John Martyn, Nick Drake, Paul Simon, Message (a 1970's prog-rock band) and a plethera of other musicians, my taste is quite broad I'll listen to almost anything unless it's club music or death metal.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Practice, patience and persistence are key - build up your repertoire as much as you can, learn about music as a culture as well, try to stay in the loop and network as much as possible...it doesn't matter how talented you think you are, in the real world it's about who you know not what you know. Lastly don't be a 'Jack of all trades' kind of person because you will find yourself lacking any real specialty skill which makes it a lot harder to get a good career in the industry.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

That's a good question, and it's one I'm still figuring out the answer to, I don't do anything that other people can't do, but I make music as honestly as I can if that makes sense. I want my songs to make people feel whatever I'm feeling, or at least enjoy the melodies I make.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

Yes I have a single coming out soon titled 'Weird World' and an album in the works too

No comments:

Post a Comment