Monday, January 3, 2022

DJ Interviews: Dead Coyote

Hey there guys, heres my interview with the band Dead Coyote 


1. How'd you get started in music?

My introduction to music came at an early age. I'd always been surrounded by music when I was younger and grew up in a household playing everything from Bowie and Aretha Franklin to Velvet Undeground and Roxy music. It always stuck with me and when I got my first guitar at 10 I started to really develop my love of music and began romantisizing the idea of being in bands and writing songs which I started properly doing around 13. It all kinda took off from there and started an obsession that's grown ever since!

2. Who are your inspirations or influences?

I think among us we have quite a diverse range of bands that inspire us. We love everything from Queens of the stone age, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, to Tool, Black Sabbath and loads more! I think those influences have definitely informed our approach to our songs and what we want sonically. It's allowed us to chase the sounds and ideas that excite us which has made song writing so fulfilling.


3. What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

I think our advice would be to not feel hesitant about starting if it feels at all daunting to begin with. Whether it's being in a band, learning an instrument or any other kind of creative craft, the process of learning, developing and performing is so exciting and addictive. Playing in bands with your mates making music you love is an incomparable feeling and if there's anyone that wants that push to find their path in music or performance then we want to offer all the encouragement in the world for what it's worth!

Our drummer says practice practice practice is the most important thing of all as a band and individually as it allows you to be confident in your craft and fulfill the potential of each piece you're creating.




4. How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I don't think we've ever attempted to compare ourselves to any other performers or bands but from our perspective we practice thoroughly and are always committed to being as tight as possible. I've always taken the approach that with every show it is both essential and a responsibility to give everything and put the best show possible on. We always want our next show to be the best and tightest we've ever played and I think that endless desire to play to those standards has always kept us working hard as a band.





5. Any new gigs or albums in the future?


We have some exciting stuff coming up next year! We're gearing up for a single release on the 25th February at Audio alongside our good friends The Rhubarb and Black Borrachero! We cannot wait to release some music! We've got some big changes and more releases to follow next year so we can't wait to get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment