Saturday, January 9, 2021

DJ Interviews: Marialena Trikoglou

Hey there everyone DJ Dizzy here & I have had the esteemed honor of interviewing a metal singer named,  Marialena Trikoglou as she spoke on her musical beginnings.


How'd you get started in music?

    I used to sing for many years, because from a very young age it was the only thing I wanted to do in my life. At the age of 19, I decided to start my studies in a conservatory. So I studied classical music and because of the love I always had in the metal scene I took the decision to make that combination into these two different styles.

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

    The major influences I have are from composers. I love Bach and Wagner, because I learned a whole world with their music with that epic and cinematic style. One other composer is Edward Shore who wrote the music of Lord of the rings and Loreena Mc Kennitt as well. A big part of me inspired by that kind of music traditional, celtik and epic with really dreamy arrangements. One other part of me loves so much the musicals, so one singer who teached me a lot especially in my expresivnes is Lea Salonga. And of course as a metal singer I have many influences in my music from Nightwish, Haggard, Therion and many more bands.

   

    What advice would offer aspiring performers?

    Love to what they are doing, creativity and hard work! There is no other way to fulfil your purposes and dreams. And the more harder you work the more things you are going to achieve day by day.

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

   I think that every musician and band has it`s own identity. So that what we are doing is something different, very interesting and easy listening to someone who don`t like the metal scene as well. It has a combination of styles in it with a big touch of our personality. Every song is a mirror of my experiences and that exactly is something that you can notice from my lyrics. So if you put your soul in what you are doing there is no need to compare your self with every other band.

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

   We already have started the compositions for our new album and I am very excited. Of course there is no rush because of the situation we are passing through. First thing we want is to start our live appearences and to start the shootings of our official video clip.

 Special thanks to her for this interview, & I wish her lots of luck on her music so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!


No comments:

Post a Comment