Friday, October 9, 2020

DJ Interviews: Marako Marcus

 Hey there folks DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of interviewing  Marako Marcus who had so much to share regarding his musical beginnings



How'd you get started in music?
Hi! My name is Marako Marcus, and I come from the tiny island of Singapore. I picked up the guitar as a young teenager. Subsequently I would sit and watch jazz pianists playing in public, and when they leave, I would begin tinkering on it. Also picked up bass and drums as well, mostly through reading up and experimentation. 

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?
I grew to appreciate and write different genres of music including ambient, lofi, chill-out, experimental, synth and guitar-infused music. My influences include Pink Floyd, Yes, U2, Vangelis, all kinds of soundtracks, and music by Hans Zimmer. 




What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Definitely is to go with your passion! Whenever you are passionate about your music, it comes across to your listeners in your style of playing, your interaction, and even the ambience and feel of your songs!



How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I create music that tries to draw listeners into the songs. I compare my compositions to an art piece. Where you convey the scene, the emotion, the story into a musical canvas!



Any new gigs or albums in the future

Yes definitely! I have singles planned every month to be released, and my personal hope is for everyone to be uplifted, encouraged, and inspired after listening to my music! 


Special thanks to him for doing this interview & I wish him lots of luck on his music. So until then I'll catch you on  The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment