Sunday, October 25, 2020

DJ Interviews: Jazz Patterson

 Hey there guys, DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of interviewing a singer who answers to the name of Jazz Patterson who shared her musical beginnings.

How'd you get started in music?

I've always loved to sing since I was a little girl in rural Arizona, my first experience with live music was when Big & Rich invited me onstage to sing with them a cappella when I was 7 at the Arizona State Fair. But I released my first song 'Black Gloves' in 2014 which I recorded with my singing teacher Beth Cohen at her little house studio. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

I'm heavily influenced by Evanescence, Deftones, Korn, Marilyn Manson, and The Pretty Reckless. Amy Lee would probably be my biggest inspiration although I do not have the insane vocal range that she does haha. I've always described my sound as "if Amy Lee and Jonathan Davis had a baby". 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Well I don't know how good the advice I would be giving is since I have not myself performed live since high school... 
But social media is a very good tool to get an online audience before you can start growing your live audience. However I don't condone messaging EVERY person that follows you on twitter about your music. I think its slightly obnoxious, just try to be genuine and if people are interested in you then they will check out your music. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I would say being a female metal singer already sets me a little apart from the mainstream... but I think my voice sets me apart... its much deeper and richer than a lot of the female singers in my genre right now. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

There's always going to be new gigs or albums in the future, or at least thats the goal! Unfortunately I don't have anything set in stone during this uncertain time but I am planning on doing a new version of Black Gloves that will hopefully come out in the next month or so. 

Special thanks to her for doing this interview, & much luck to her & her music. So until then I'll catch you the Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment