Friday, June 8, 2018

DJ's Spotlight: An interview with Revisiom, Revised

Hello again one & all  DJ Dizzy here & I've sat down with an  up & coming metal band by the name of Revision Revised. So here's they are t talk about their beginnings! Enjoy!


How'd you get started in music?



  It was in high school around 2009 when I started getting involved in wanting to play music, I started with a couple of friends playing covers of The Devil Wears Prada in a small bed room & oh we were bad haha. I always tried learning guitar but never had the patience to actually sit down and do it so that’s when I picked up a microphone, Ive been doing vocals since although I do help structure some of our music and breakdowns, I still can’t play guitar to save my life. 




Who are your main inspirations or influences?



  I first started getting into rock music around the late 90’s/early 20’s. I was specifically huge fans of bands like Linkin Park, Saliva, Soundgarden, Deftones and I still consider them huge influences on me today, When I started to drift into the heavier aspect and listened to metalcore, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, Killswitch Engage, Haste The Day, Gwen Stacy was pretty much all I listed to and they have a huge influence on us as a band. Scary Kids Scaring Kids also had a huge influence on me throughout school and to this day, They are still my favorite band of all time and probably will be until the day I die.




How would you say music has impacted your life?



  Playing music has impacted my life in a lot of ways from ruining friendships and creating new ones to being so fed up with the music industry you want to give up. I’ve played in a band since I was 17, I’m turning 27 this year and still giving it my all, It might sound cliche but being on stage is feels like home to me. I’ve always been a depressed person, I’ve always wanted to better myself and let loose and on stage is my platform to do that. I feel lyrically Revision, Revised is very relatable to the masses as I write a lot about my pent up anger about things that happen to people daily. Life isn’t easily and if you pay attention to our lyrics you’ll see that we struggle just like everyone does. Music is my way to release all my bottled up emotions to the world. 




What advice would you offer aspiring performers?



  It’s not easy. we’ve been this close to having 4 different deals with respectable labels and it’s still not panned out for us yet but to be successful in this industry, You have to treat your band as a business. Quality is more important than quantity, Invest in your band and make it your baby, It takes money. A lot of money with very little return. Make yourself marketable, pay for quality music videos and recordings. Make yourself stand out and you’ll get noticed a lot faster. 




Any new gigs or works in the future?



  It’s a busy year for us, We’re currently recording our full length album with Nick Ingram of Capital House Studios. Nick is a blast to work with and has some impressive albums under his belt that he’s produced. We are extremely excited to be working with him and for this album to be finished. We have a show lined up for August 8th at the bakery in Charleston, West Virginia with Fit For A King, Like Moths To Flames. That’s gonna be one banger of a show! We are also looking to release the first single and music video for our full length album this fall so keep on the lookout for that! 

Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish them nothing but luck in their success. So until then be radically righteous & I'll catch you on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment