Thursday, February 17, 2022

DJ Interviews: Solar Eyes

 Here's my interview with the Solar Eyes



How'd you get started in music?

Jeez feels like a lifetime ago now, but I picked the guitar up as a 13 year old who’d just broken his leg. It’s the one thing in my life that’s been a consistent and takes me to a place I need to go too. I’ve learnt that as I’ve got older. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

So it’s The Beatles, Oasis, Chemical Brothers, Jefferson Airplane, UNKLE, Kraftwerk, Primal Scream. I guess anything a bit psychedelic, bit cool and edgy. 
Been a brummie though - ELO, Black Sabbath and Broadcast. Birmingham has been a huge influence on me. 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Patience. Take your time with things, find who you really are. Do it for the right reasons. If people like it great, if they don’t - who cares. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I guess there’s hopefully an integrity that other bands haven’t got. I live and breathe what I do. I’m obsessed with it. But it’s all peace and love. I respect anyone who has a go at things. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

Yes our first gig - April 8th in Birmingham and debut EP same day called ‘Dreaming of the moon’ which is our first release on legendary indie label Fierce Panda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment