Sunday, February 6, 2022

DJ Interviews: 27REEVES

Heres my interview with 

 


Introduction: I’m 27REEVES from Niceville, Florida, I’m 18 years old and I am a rapper, producer, engineer, mixer, graphic designer, and the list goes on. I have a unique and broad vision for my future. 



1. Honestly, I was kinda bored, but I was really fuckin with the 2016-2017 underground SoundCloud scene, I was just starting to make beats at the time. I saw and heard what these rappers were making in their bedrooms and it basically inspired me to attempt to make music. Always had a love for music in general but that SoundCloud scene was what really made me wanna do it. I saw that if they can do it in their bedrooms, have good music like that and blow up, then I can do it too. So in late 2016 I started off with a $40 Blue Snowball mic that I had when I used to make gaming videos years before, a cheap Windows PC, and some Xbox Turtle Beach headphones that I got for my birthday. I was 13 at the time. I was mainly using type beats cause my beats that I made in FL Studio were ass. My DAW of choice was fucking Audacity since I didn’t know how to record in FL, and didn’t til 2020. The music I made was pretty trash and I was basically making Lil Pump type shit at the time, and I called myself “addict27” from 2017 up until early 2020 when I changed it to 27REEVES, after the lockdown hit that made me start to take the whole music thing more seriously.

2. My influences are a wide range. I grew up most of my life listening to my parents’ music. My dad listened to every genre of rock music that existed and only that, and my mom mainly listened to radio pop, country, and occasionally 90s & 2000s rap. Personally I mainly took after what my dad listened to and the rock bands I was always into and still into was shit like Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, Seether, and Pierce The Veil. My rap influences were not really existent at the time but eventually around the time I started making music I got into shit like XXXTentacion, Lil Uzi Vert, Speaker Knockerz, A$AP Rocky, Gucci Mane, Eminem, Drake, Trippie Redd, Lil Peep and more underground artists like Ghostemane, Yung Lean, Xavier Wulf, Black Kray, $UICIDEBOY$, Bones, Bladee, Night Lovell, and Lil Tracy. Nowadays it’s all of that plus underground PluggNB artists like Summrs, Yeat, Kankan, Iayze and more. I also got into hyperpop, like Osquinn, Glaive, poptropicaslutz, etc. But anyway, you can hear all of the influences in my music, and I do them justice, I am one of the most versatile people I know because of them.

3. My advice is that you can do anything you set your mind to, manifestation is real but put in the effort, and the moment you feel like you want to quit, success is around the corner, shit, I know I’m really close to something big and I can just feel it. I also wanna say, drugs are gonna set you back more than you think they will, be safe and don’t get addicted. Don’t get in beef or get into feuds with people, especially your day ones. And if you’re serious about this music shit, don’t go one day without creating, write, record, produce, promote or whatever, make some sort of content. If you’re really serious you will know that you’ll make it and you will do anything for the music. If you get burned out, find someone or something new to inspire you. And lastly, clout is not the most important thing in the world, in my opinion if you’re doing this shit independently like a lot of us are, I think that if you are making enough money to support yourself and cover your team and have a good base of people that really fuck with you, then you won. 

4. I set myself apart from other artists/rappers because I bring something new to the table. A fresh voice, a fresh sound like no one else has, a lot of talent, my versatility, and my independence. My sound has changed a lot over the years but it has always stayed consistent to me and my supporters. I make my own beats, make my own cover art, mix and master and engineer myself, edit my own music videos, promote, and market all myself. No manager and I’m not looking for one. My complete creative control of my sound and my music allows for wide versatility on all sides. I had nobody to help me so I figured everything out. Of course now sometimes I’ll have other producers make beats for me but everything is mostly all me. I never have anybody else do anything else except for the beats and that’s only sometimes. I am a unique individual and my sound reflects that. I’m your average 18 year old struggling to find a place in so-called life but rightfully overly confident in my craft. 

5. I am hosting and performing a show at Enlightened Studios in Fort Walton Beach, Florida on April 9th, and also opening for a local rapper named Gvcci Green on February 20th at the same location. I am working on two albums at the moment, but I won’t give the name. I’m hoping for April to release one of them and the other one in June or July. But before any of that I might fuck around and drop a few EPs. The first album is going to take my sound in a completely new spacier and more versatile direction, shit there’s even some rock on there, all songs are produced and executive produced by me, with some co-production help on a few tracks but that’s about it. I’m almost done with that one. I am not gonna say what I’ll do with the second one yet, but I’m just gonna say both albums are gonna blow all y’all away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment