Thursday, August 5, 2021

DJ Interviews: Keith DiBuduo

Here's my interview with  Keith DiBuduo  


How'd you get started in music? 


It all started in high school, me and a couple of friends said- let's start a band. I chose the bass guitar and started getting lessons. Turned out, I had a knack for music and in a few months, I played my first show. Not long after that, I started a band and I played and sang just until we could find a singer. Turns out everyone liked my voice and I stayed on as the singer and bass player. 

Who are your inspirations or influences? 

Early on my influences were Elvis and anything Motown. Then I began listening to The Eagles, Chicago and The Who to name a few.

What advice would offer aspiring performers? 

First off, learn your craft and remember you've never mastered your instrument. There is always something to learn. Next, when you listen to music- really listen. Pay attention to what the instruments are doing and how the song builds. Study the craft of song writing. Never give up, don't take short cuts and always be humble.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? 

As a singer I always try to sing with feeling, from the heart. If it's an angry song I try to get a growl in my voice. If its sad, that solemn haunting type of tone etc. As far as the music, I try not to sound like anyone but sound a little like everyone (at least everyone who's sound I like). 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

 I am not playing out at this time but I am putting out new music all the time. About one new song every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment