Saturday, March 6, 2021

DJ Interviews: Chasing Records

 

Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & here's my interview with the a band who call themselves, Chasing Records enjoy!


How'd you get started in music?
 (Nathan) I was always given opportunities to play music very young whether it was piano lessons or guitar. I stopped playing for a while but started picking up guitar back in high school and never really stopped playing.
    
   (Andrew) I started playing music late in life. I was 18 when I bought a drum kit and jumped into a band with zero training. When I was 22, I switched to bass to be able to write songs and  I never looked back.



Who are your inspirations or influences?

(Nathan) Growing up I listened to a quite a bit of country music but really started gravitating to grunge like Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. I listened to alot of 90s alternative rock music like Collective Soul, Green Day and Counting Crows. Now I lean more to Canadian Rock like Matt Mays, Sam Roberts Band and The Trews.

   (Andrew) My parents had a great mix of music playing in the house when I was young. Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Sade and Tom Petty to name a few. I discovered I really loved music when my parents took me to see Aerosmith when I was 8 years old. Being a teenager in the 90's, I fell in love with the alt rock scene at the time. That transitioned to pop punk when I first heard Blink 182 and my bass playing was heavily influenced by Mark Hoppus.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Enjoy all and any success. It's difficult being an indie artist especially starting in a pandemic. Find alternative ways to network and reach out and connect with other artists to navigate the world of making music!

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

We have created a full album without ever being in the same room due to the pandemic. We are also bringing in the 90's sounds back into modern indie rock  with full bass lines and simple but melodic guitar riffs.

Any new gigs or albums in the future

We are set to release our second EP The Stories of Others Pt 2 Feburary 26th and a full length album, The Story of Others in 2021. We also have a podcast that features indie artists from all over the world


Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them lots of luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment