Friday, August 14, 2020

DJ Interviews: Cathal J

Hy there guys Its DJ Dizzy here & I sat down with an artist whose name is Cathal J as they talked about their sucess & music


1. How did I get started in Music?

I bought a guitar in October 2014 . I was going through a rough time in my marriage at the time. It was a form of therapy learning to play the guitar. Next thing you know I am doing FB videos and then open mic nights and then busking. Then I wrote my first single ' One More Chance' and released it in July 2018

2. Influences/ inspirations in music _ Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Queen, Brian Adam's and Irish Singer/songwriter Dermot Kennedy

3. Advice for aspiring artists. ?

You really do in the words of ' Dire Straits' have to want it.  If you want it bad enough you will put the work in. It's a journey, so pace yourself and be true to yourself.

4. How do you set yourself apart from the other artists ?

For me, I am currently on route to becoming a lawyer.  Part of my vision is to represent singer/songwriters and ensure they reach their fullest potential by making sure they  understand the legal aspects of the music industry. This SETS ME APART.

5.  Any new gigs/ albums in the future?

The Covid 19 pandemic has put a halt to the live side of things. I hope to be playing gigs in the UK by October 2021

My fifth single ' L.A' girl will be released  in December 2020

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them nothing but luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on the Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!


No comments:

Post a Comment