Tuesday, August 27, 2019

DJ Interviews: 50cal

Hey there everyone its the DJ coming at you with an interview with a band by the name of 50 cal
who had a lot to say on their success

How'd you get started in music?

ive always had a music around when i was young starting as a kid im 25 now but just around the house there was always classic shit playing my mom and dad were into the Beatles and old rock like jimmi hendrix and things like that my two sisters always had shit like system of a down playing but i really grew twords that hair metal motley crue shit, i really just fucked with that underground scene ,back in school i never knew how to read music so i took to drums more than anything, i was learning to read music in classes i was taking. i always liked making music more than learning about music. in the last year i started to realize i can learn and teach myself production,i already always killed it freestyling but i wanted to create real music. ive always been an artist growing up ina family of them i was painting and drawimg , i got my degree in photography and then went on to get my degree in physics but i always thought if i could just make music i wouldnt need anything else. so I was sellin drugs and doin other shit to really get the money to invest in my equipment and knowlage twords my craft. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

growing up i was influenced by motley crue, i just fell in love with that rebel life style, i was already starting to smoke and do drugs as a young kid round 12 or 13 and i just identify with them the most, my first experience in rap believe it or not was hearing the GOAT Mac Miller and from there i just dove into rap goin back to tribe and wu-tang, when wiz cam out with prince of the city i was really vibin with him and it was tgod ever since , id say a lot of my style and game came from him. my other inspirations id say would be wiz, future, playboy carti, thug, mac, kanye, i really fucked with the whole do it yourself thing you know? like mac and kanye would make their own beats and rap on em starting off and it always gave me hope of just doin it all myself, perfecting every part of music making and becoming the ultimate force lol 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

id say that you can't do this shit with the mindset of getting rich or famous even though we all want it, you gotta really have a passion and drive for  the music, you gotta make it for yourself. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

i feel that because of my background commin from a small town suburbs where everyone knows everyone i had to do things to set myself apart just dressing different not following trends, settin my own trends and shit like that it helped me identify myself and what im about and it comes thru in my music, im just a kid who aint had shit handed to him, growing up below the poverty line i learned to hustle from my pops, he would run 4 jobs and do shit on the side for cash, when i was goin to school getting my degree in physics I was working 80hrs a week 2 jobs and goin to school full time just non stop hustlin before i knew i wanted to put my all into my music, i just bring light to people like me , super creative kids lookin for an outlet just trappin to make a living, doin drugs to numb the pain of friends dyin left and right to drugs and violence,always dippin the police tryin to make a living and stay off the streets and create a new life for myself and provide for my future family.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

i have an Ep im working on right now called "Product Of" should be dropping early May 2019 from my own label No Lane Records 

and im lookin forward to working with new artists and producers as i grow and make a name for myself in the industry

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them nothing but luck in their careers so until then I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment