Thursday, July 4, 2019

DJ Interviews: Silent

Hello one & all DJ Dizzy here & I recently sat down with a hard rock band who answer to the name Silent despite their name they have a serious loud sound to offer & a lot to say on their musical beginnings.


How'd you get started in music?


Gustavo: I started very young, at age 11, because I wanted to learn a song and play it for my father. I’m self taught, so it took me six months to learn and, after that, all I wanted to do was write songs. At 15, I joined my first band and, not much after that, I was in a band with L.A.Tilly, Silent’s drummer, and we’ve been playing together on and off for over 30 years.



Who are your inspirations or influences?


My first influences were The Beatles and Elvis. Growing up, I loved Slade and later on, in the 80s, I jumped into hair metal. As a band, we’re inspired a bit by Def Leppard, AC/DC, Queen, Bon Jovi, Marillion but also, as a songwriter, I’m very much influenced by melodies and lyrics of bands like Matchbox Twenty and some Alternative rock bands from the 2000’s, like Train and The Verve Pipe.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Learn how to do it yourself, in every level. From recording to marketing your music. Growing up as a musician in the 90’s, when I look at all of today’s opportunities to connect with your fans, it’s almost overwhelming. The freedom might even be scary sometimes, but it’s amazing what you can accomplish with a couple of clicks. There’s always someone out there that will connect with you. It’s not a matter of trying to be different or stand out, I believe it’s about being true to yourself.



How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


Silent is a very mature band, even though we only have 3 albums recorded (the 3rd is coming out pretty soon). We value the lyrics of our songs, which is not a very common thing in the AOR/Hard Rock scene, and that keeps us more connected to contemporary minds. Our music is very melodic driven, very emotional and we write it to take you places, to boost your sensitivity and to share our perception of a world that needs awakening.


Any new gigs or albums in the future?


We are releasing our 3rd album. It’s called Fragments and it’s a conceptual album. It tells the story of a special kid named Bo, who has vivid memories of what could be his past lives. He struggles with trying to be set free from this endless cycle of being reborn and, at the same time, is faced with the reason why he's trapped in it. He is in love with a woman that he keeps following, life after life. We are going to start a crowd funding to help release the album and you can find out all about it at our website www.silent.band




https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kwlrtx593oto85q/AAATx0xctlGXvOM6Shjdindza?dl=0

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them luck in their career & their success so until then I'll cath you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n rol!

No comments:

Post a Comment