Saturday, September 1, 2018

DJ's Spotlight: An interview with Replicant Theory

Hey there everyone DJ Dizzy here & I sat down with a band whose called Replicant Theory as they sat down to speak on there success/ So pull up a chair & enjoy!


How'd you get started in music?
like nearly everyone else, I started playing music in high school when I bought my first electric guitar when I was 16.  Up until my early 20’s I played in and out of different local bands and things just never really clicked.  When I started focusing on home studio recordings on a Mac with GarageBand things slowly took off and all of the pieces came together.


Who are your inspirations or influences?

There are a lot of influences that have guided my sound.  Probably the biggest ones would be Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, Placebo and U2.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
advice?  No matter how much you practice or prepare for a gig or anything else, shit happens…  guitars break, singers forget lines, the PA system at the venue does not work, etc.  Be prepared to have failures, it is not always like the dream of instantly stepping on stage and being a rockstar.  Enjoy the good moments and when things get rough, remember the good times and learn the best you can from your missteps.  


Any new gigs or albums in the future?
I have stepped away from playing live in my city with other bands and am just focusing on Replicant Theory as studio only.  I have 3-4 collaborations in the works right now and once those are buttoned up, will be starting to work on another full length album.  Expect releases throughout the rest of 2018 and 2019

I wish them nothing but luck in their careers & their success so until then stay righteous & I'll catch you on the flipside! Rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment