Sunday, September 2, 2018

DJ's Spotlight: An interview with Irene Sanchez

Hey there everyone. DJ Dizzy here & once again I had the pleasure of interviewing  an artist by the name of Irene Sanchez as she talks about her success as a singer. So pull up a chair & enjoy


How'd you get started in music?
  
I've loved music since I was a child. I was always singing and listening music, but I think the key


point is one day that I went to my cousins' house and he had a little keyboard. When I saw it, I


started to play it. Obviously, I played it horrible, since I'd never played any, but I really enjoyed the
 
experience, so my parents decided to buy me one. I tried to play The Beatles' songs on my own




and years later I started going to piano and harmony lessons. Since then, I've been studying music


(either in my piano and harmony lessons, in the university or on my own) and the more I learn, the


more I love music.
 
Who are your main inspirations or influences?
  
I think it's a really difficult question because I'm a really eclectic person. Maybe, I could say my

main inspirations are bands of classical rock, hard rock and heavy metal music, since they are the

ones I've heard the most. However, I can't deny I'm also inspired by folk metal music (by bands as

Korpiklaani, Turisas, Týr...), indie (as The arctic monkeys, Stuck in the sound, The black keys), pop

(for example Lana del rey, Marina and the diamonds, Mika, Halsey, Lady Gaga and Melanie

Martinez), jazz, video games music, Spanish bands and even industrial music bands as Diary of

dreams. I also must talk about Leonard Cohen whose sensitivity is an example to follow for me.
 
How would you say music has impacted your life?
 
 
Music has always had a great impact on my life. I'm a sociable and talkative person, but it's always

been difficult for me to express my emotions and understand those of others, so music ended up

being the way of expressing myself, the bond that unites me with the world. It's also a kind of

home when things go wrong, it's where I take refuge when I am sad, angry or anxious. Music is

only sounds, but our interpretation of these sounds, are magic.
 
What advice would you offer aspiring perfomers?
to not give up, it may take years for someone to notice your music. I also believe that our


generation of artists is lucky to have social networks, so it's a tool that we should use to make our


music known.





Any new gigs or works in the future?
  
As always I will be uploading instrumental music to YouTube, but I plan to work with some



colleagues who are singers to also publish some vocal songs that I have with lyrics. I hope that

could be possible very soon and that you like my new songs
 
 
I'm an aspiring performer too, so I don't think I'm the best person to give advice. I think the point is

I wish her nothing but luck on her career & so until then I'll catch you on the flipside stay righteous & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment