Tuesday, May 1, 2018

DJ's Spotlight: An interview with: Falling Into Red

Hey there one & all DJ Dizzy here. I've been doing my share of interviewing bands & one of them is called Falling into Red who while on tour took the time to answer a few questions, Enjoy!





How'd you get started in music?

- Scott: I come from a very musical family. My brother Ray is also in the band.  Our father had a small recording studio, played in bands and was always making music during our childhood... there was always a jam session going on at home and as we got older, we just fell into it.  Amy has always loved music and has such a great musical ear. She also is great with words and is the driving lyrical force of the band. 

Who are you're biggest influences or inspirations?
wow there are so many. We’d have to say as far as bands: Alter Bridge, Starset, Breaking Benjamin, ADTR, I Prevail... so many other great bands out there too. In addition to being in a band, we are big fans as well.  Scott loves and has also written music for film and video games, so there is a cinematic influence also. 

How would you say music has impacted your life?
Great question, but hard to answer. I mentioned how much music was part of us growing up... it was always there and just part of us from the start.  I don’t know any different.  I can’t imagine not having music as a means of expression or outlet.  Music is what keeps us going.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
While it's a little cliché, I'd have to say don't give up on your vision or artistry.  As soon as you start creating something only because you think you should (as opposed to because your heart tells you to), your art will suffer... and it's actually pretty obvious.  Be true to yourself.  Also, take time to learn the business of music.  You are very much on your own these days and while it is art, you have to approach it like a business to be monetarily successful. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
Yes!  We are always creating.  We have a new EP we hope to release this summer sometime.  And there will be some shows to support it :)

So with that I say best of luck to you guys in your music & I wish you nothing but the best. Until then that's going to do it for me so be radically righteous & I'll Catch you on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment