Monday, June 1, 2020

DJ Interviews: The Cruel Horizon

Hey there everyone DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of interviewing a band who call themselves The Cruel Horizon as they shared their musical beginnings

How'd you get started in music? I have learned  myself to play the guitar since I was 16. At that time I mostly played covers and the first song I've learned  was House Of The Rising Sun. When I was about 23 years old the rockscene exploded into Punk and I took some lessons playing the drum and joined a new wave band with a group of friends. After several years playing the drums in several bands I started to write and record my own material mainly folk, countrymusic and americana. I love the DIY homerecording and attitude possible by DAW's. All you hear are real instruments played by me (except where noted and for the bass  which is played on a keyboard)

Who are your inspirations or influences?  First inspiration (after the House of The Rising Sun) was Neil Young who had a big hit here with Heart of Gold and I have followed the man and his music since then. Others are Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Townes Van Zandt and later on Ryan Adams and The Cardinals (during his countrymusic period). So mainly old school but  also new countrymusic artists. 

What advice would offer aspiring performers? Stay true to yourself don't pretend being someone else.

 How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? I have decided to write and play my own material only and if people like that it's awesome if not no worries.

Any new gigs or albums in the future? I have three songs now on Spotify and think that's great. On YouTube there are a lot of my songs to watch all filmed by me. I'm planning to put out old and new songs on Spotify at a regular basis.

Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish them luck in their music & success. So until then I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment