Sunday, December 29, 2019

DJ Interviews: Sin Seer

Hey there everyone I had the pleasure of sitting down with a band who answer to the name of Sin Seer who had so much to share on their musical beginings


How'd you get started in music?

-I used to record vocal covers on an MP3 player and I would upload my demos on MySpace. I caught the attention of a few people, and these two brothers liked what I was doing and asked me to join in a band with them. Since then it's been band to band to band and project to project to project. And I'm still going..


Who are your inspirations or influences?

-Different people influence me for all kinds of reasons. But these days I feel I'm more influenced and inspired by the new stream of independent artists that are doing things their own way and going against the grain. 


What advice would offer aspiring performers?

-It's a marathon, not a sprint. I've burned myself out so fast and so quick, that usually I was winded before half of the set was even done. You always want to make sure to keep a solid pace when performing, and that goes for consumption of any kind as well. It's all in the technique, I suppose. Look for new ways to improve. Rehearsing is a constant, but try to find innovative ways to keep it exciting if you can. Most importantly, when the stage is yours, lose yourself in it.


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

-It's odd that it's kind of funny now, but really, we just try to be ourselves. We're just two dudes who grew up playing heavy music and enjoyed the whole creative process behind it all. We've never tried to be anything more than what we were. I feel like we've been upfront about our roles in the group and what each person brings to the table.  I think if you listen long enough, lots of bands of similar genre all seem to blur together. I don't think that's the point. I think the overall goal is to leave an impression of some sort with the audience. Something different about you that catches their eye, or their ear. I feel that's where your best luck is now.


Any new gigs or albums in the future

-We've just released our latest EP, 'Vicious Cycles', which has been in production for pretty much all of 2019. We started writing immediately after our previous one [Patch Me Up], and put a lot more time and focus into it this time around. We decided not to announce anything until we were certain it was everything we wanted it to be, and we're proud to see what it's become. We hope everyone has enjoyed hearing it as much as we enjoyed making it. We have many plans set ahead for 2020, including an unplugged session starting the new year off. Thank you for your time. And thanks to everyone for listening. See you in 2020!

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & that's going to wrap it up for this year so until next time I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment