Monday, February 19, 2018

DJ's Spotlight: An Interview with Hidden Scars


Hello everyone Its DJ Dizzy here now recently I did an interview with Hidden Scars. Take a look,



Okay how'd you get started in music?


When I was 7 my friend from across the street and I would shimmy the lock to his Uncles room while he was gone  all day. That's where we would keep all his KISS records and  mags. Eventually we got our own KISS cassette collection going, and would dress rehearse KISS shows to their music. It wasn't until 6 years later than I actually picked up a guitar from a homeless guy who was camping in my Dad's backyard, which led to me learning to play, write, and sing, and start my own band by age 14.


How would you say that music has impacted your life?


It has been the deciding force of everything I've done with my life since I was a kid. It defines who I am as a person, and it reflects everything that goes on in my life from relationships to mental emotional and spiritual highs and lows. It also has helped me to look at the world and the universe from an objective and open point of view.


Who's your main inspiration?


I could never name one single person as my main inspiration. Trent Reznor, David Lynch, and Anton LaVey come to mind. Other than that it is the flow of life, and the movement of nature both dark and light that keeps me inspired. People and moments that come and go. 


Any new gigs or music in the works?


Hidden Scars is a brand new project that will be fully active this Summer '18 with a fully produced EP release, music video, and live concert tour dates around the U.S. Please visit HiddenScars.com for updates, demos, and lyric videos.

What advice would you offer to any up & coming bands or performers?

Manifest your own destiny. Don't settle for 9-5, 40 hours a week modern day slavery. Don't let anything or anyone pull you away from your music. And do not wear out your local market by playing the same bar/club circuit in your home town. Get yourself out there and play as far and wide as possible.

& there you have it Hidden Scars is a band that does nu metal which I hope that you enjoy & I wish them nothing but good luck in everyone of their endeavors.

So until then be radically righteous & Catch you on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment